[DGD] A question about object pointers

Robert Forshaw iouswuoibev at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:16:36 CET 2004

I'd first like to say that I've tried to test this with the kernel lib using
the 'code' command it would not work. It simply said I could not clone the
object. Anyway, I'm confused as to whether an object pointer still holds its
value after an object is destructed. In other words:

object o;
o = clone_object("/dummy.c");
destruct_object(o);
if(o) say("Object still points to something, even though it isn't
there.\n");
if(o == nil) say("Object doesn't point to anything.\n");

Which condition is true?