[DGD] DGD Newbie

Josh Dady jpd at indecisive.com
Fri Jan 16 16:28:31 CET 2004

On Jan 15, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Noah Gibbs wrote:

> It's actually possible to write an FTP server without
> this, but it requires implementing only passive mode.

I would humbly suggest that, if you're going to build a file-serving
protocol in LPC, that you at least consider WebDAV. Windows and OSX
speak it natively, there are lots of separate clients available for
just about every platform, and the HTTP server that you would have to
build first (WebDAV is an extension of HTTP) would just be generally
useful anyway. What's more, just about every development environment
has some understanding of HTTP (and many do WebDAV), so anything you
develop in the future probably would need no separate protocol to
interact with the MUD.

--
Joshua P. Dady