[DGD] Re: casting nil (another idea...)

Robert Forshaw iouswuoibev at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 23:19:00 CET 2004

>From: Steve Wooster <swooster at xprt.net>
>Heh, I'm still miffed that "test"[2..6] runtimes instead of returning "st".
>What I wouldn't give for a config option to change that...

I'm not sure why you'd want that, when you can simply type "st" and be done
with it... it would still be a constant in either form. The only way to
achieve your idea in a way that wouldn't compromise efficiency would be to
have "test"[2..6] detected as a preprocessor operation, converting it to
"st" before compilation. But this is absurd for obvious reasons. And
performing an operation on a constant during execution time wouldn't make
any sense at all. So this idea really baffles me... are you just a lazy
typist? ; )