[DGD] Uninitialized variable error

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 26 11:38:04 CET 2004

I removed, the "str = process_alias(str)" in the user's do_command()
and replaced it with, str = ALIASD->process_alias(this_object(), str);

And now, I don't get the: "history: wtf?? !history." message...

so I guess I don't understand why if I do (in the user's do_command()):
        str = process_alias(str);
which calls the inherit'ed function, process_alias(), which does:
        aliasd->process_alias(this_object(), str);
and if I send a message to the driver before that call to print this_object's
name, it IS /object/secure/user#51

That bit of code/function calling causes some misdirection of the variables
'aliases' and 'history'.

But if I skip the inherit'ed process_alias(), and just directly call
    str = ALIASD->process_alias(this_object(), str);
in the user's do_command() everything is fine...

So I've solved the problem, but I still don't understand why it was a problem
to start with. Any takers? :)