[DGD] DGD's memory management

Steve Wooster swooster at xprt.net
Sat Mar 27 08:17:57 CET 2004

     I had a question about DGD's memory management... I know that an LWO
is removed as soon as there are no more references to it. I've also heard
that self-referencing array/mapping circles are automatically cleaned up by
DGD. If I have two LWOs that reference each other, but no other objects
reference them, will they be cleaned up automatically like self-referencing
arrays? What about an LWO which references an array which references
another LWO which references the first LWO (or other situations similar to
this)? I want to make a tree of LWOs, but I'm a bit worried about creating
a memory leak. Thanks for any info.

-Steve Wooster