[DGD] **array *array index issues.

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 30 07:30:07 CEST 2004

I recently had a variable:
    string *result;
and:
    int     notAllMatch;
    string  file;
    string *subs;

I was assigning:
    result = ({ (notAllMatch == FALSE), file, implode(subs, " ") });

Which was fine. But I've found in most cases I need to re-explode the 3rd arg
of the result, so I was wanting to just assign:
    result = ({ (notAllMatch == FALSE), file, subs });

which makes result something like:
    ({ bool, file, {{ subs }) })

Testing using the code command, and using mixed **result or mixed *result.

I can't index into result[2][#] when result is: mixed *result;
I can't index into result[0] or result[1] when result is: mixed **result;

Is there any other way to do this, without turning it into:
    ({ ({ bool, file }), ({ subs }) })

Which I can do, but would rather not...

Zam.