[DGD] ansi colours

Josh Dady jpd at indecisive.com
Wed Mar 31 17:42:39 CEST 2004

On Mar 30, 2004, at 6:38 PM, Michael McKiel wrote:

> Also of note, if you enable ansi in DGD, you should consider stripping
> escape
> sequences in a user's issued command. Else they can change colour on
> other's
> screen by just sending a 'realescape'<colorcode>. I imagine other
> strange
> things are possible if you don't strip escape sequences.

In college, I had a friend who would shout the following when he found
a MUD that didn't strip incoming commands:
   - [clear screen]
   - [cursor movement] [big/bold/blink] <banner text> [repeat]
   - [reset scroll region]
   - [move cursor into new, smaller scroll region]

--
Joshua P. Dady
http://www.indecisive.com/