[DGD] getting an IPv6 error

Rick rick at gibbed.us
Sun Oct 17 08:24:13 CEST 2004

> I'm not a programmer at all (yet) so I hope the answer to this isn't too
> obvious. I downloaded and compiled DGD 1.2.95 on Linux, but get this
> error when I try to run it-
>
> socket IPv6: Address family not supported by protocol
>
> I don't need IPv6 support. How do I disable it so that the driver can
> run?

I've had this problem myself, this is my quick fix to disable ipv6:

In src/host/unix/connect.c, around the beginning, after something like this:

# ifdef INET6           /* INET6 defined */
#  if INET6 == 0
#   undef INET6         /* ... but turned off */
#  endif
# else
#  ifdef AF_INET6       /* define INET6 if AT_INET6 exists */
#   define INET6
#  endif
# endif

add: