[DGD] DGD Commercial Licensing?

Jas katmandu at turbobyte.com
Tue Sep 21 00:27:00 CEST 2004

Felix A. Croes wrote:

>My response went out September 2nd from this email address.  Perhaps it
>was eaten by a spam filter, email is becoming an unreliable medium...

I'll have to loosen my filters, it would seem.  And yes, I'll agree that
e-mail is becoming almost-unusable as a reliable communication tool
these days with the proliferation of spam.

>>People are often surprised about the cost of a full commercial license.
>>I see that you're a member of the DGD mailing list, which had a discussion
>>on this subject earlier this year.  You can find it here:
>>
>>    http://list.imaginary.com/mailman/private/dgd/2003/001228.html

Please accept my apologies for not browsing back to the February 2003
discussions on licensing before mailing/posting.

>If you are interested, please let me know and I'll forward your request
>to someone who will discuss terms with you.

At this point, my interest in a commercial DGD license has turned purely
academic.

Thank you anyway, and I'll continue to use DGD strictly for
NON-commercial projects until Ed McMahon and/or the Prize Patrol show up
at my doorstep.

>Regards,
>Dworkin

Thanks again for everyone's comments, including Par Winzell's 4 kg
infant analogy and Noah Gibbs' take on the declining market for
commercial MUDs.... neither of which were the answer I was hoping for,
but both of which made me chuckle just the same.

Everyone's good natured humor (even at my expense) definitely softened
the 100k blow slightly.

It's still a pretty-crappy Monday for me, but at least I won't be adding
to my credit card balances for "another game?!?!" (to quote my loving wife).

Cheers,
Jason