[DGD] DGD/MP 1.0

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Tue Apr 19 02:27:01 CEST 2005

On Monday, April 18, 2005 11:21 AM Felix A. Croes <> wrote:
>> Will DGD/MP implement the solution from DOME (I have just read about
>> it and got pretty excited about the idea)?
>
> Essentially, yes, though the implementation is different and the
> server is not distributed.

I was trying to find a description of the approach that you've taken with
DGD/MP to give someone else. My less then CompSci interpretation of what
makes it unique is that programatically you program largely as if you are
single-threaded, but that DGD/MP will handle the issues of multiprocessor
message passing bottlenecks and throttling through both intelligent design
and through rollback of functions marked atomic. Obviously some care has to
be taken with "single-thread" style code, but that largely it is much easier
to program.

However, my non-CompSci description of the merits of your approach is not
suitable to passing on to others. Can you write up something brief about
your unique approach and why it is superior to some of the other methods of
programming for MP?

-- Christopher Allen