[DGD] HTTPD and Images

Jakub Piotr Cłapa loc at toya.net.pl
Mon Aug 15 20:36:01 CEST 2005

Erwin Harte wrote:
> On 8/15/05 9:09 AM Lord Lerkista wrote:
>
>> I'm making a simple httpd daemon for my mud, but i don't know how to
>> handle images
>> Any help?? i only can handle text =/
>
> You could start with reading the HTTP 1.1 specs:
>
>     ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2616.txt
>
> Although some might consider that cruel and unusual punishment.

It is cruel but probably also a good idea:

1. You know how it works and how it should work, you get a broader view
    than when only dealing with implementation details.

2. You should design implementations strictly adhering to the standard
    you declare to obey (would it be HTTP 1.0 or 1.1) just to make life
    easier for other who wish to use your service. Designing for it to
    "just work" is probably not the best idea when implementing an
    already widely deployed protocol.

And finally, good luck! :)

Jakub Piotr Cłapa