[DGD] HTTPD and Images

Jakub Piotr Cłapa loc at toya.net.pl
Mon Aug 15 22:46:01 CEST 2005

Erwin Harte wrote:
> On 8/15/05 1:35 PM Jakub Piotr Cłapa wrote:
>
>> Erwin Harte wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> You could start with reading the HTTP 1.1 specs:
>>>
>>>     ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2616.txt
>>>
>>> Although some might consider that cruel and unusual punishment.
>>
>> It is cruel but probably also a good idea:
>
> *grin*  I agree 100%.
>
> To clarify, I only made that comment because at some point in the past I
> was foolish enough to make a print-out of these specs and start reading
> them from page 1.
>
> Tough material, although it has been a useful experience. :-)

I'm at the stage of having done the printout but have failed to read it
yet. (I also printed out the WebDAV spec but it's current state is the
same (not read))
Oh, the TCP protocol printout is waiting for me as well. *maniacal grin*
;] (one day I have read too much stuff from the lcamtuf's page)

In the other hand I have read the XMPP specs (recently RFCed) and after
the second pass (and after some time spent with some XMPP gurus as well
as with my own code) I can say it was a really good idea if I wanted to
do something using the protocol.

Jakub Piotr Cłapa