[DGD] Failed Inheritance and Object Daemon

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 09:26:01 CEST 2005

  Sounds good, though it's still not clear what you do if it screws up partway.

  You could try and figure out if there's some way you could do a series of
smaller updates, but that would only work in some cases (for instance, not if
one of your updated libs is the AUTO object!).  It'd also be kind of a pain to
figure out, though I guess you could just update libraries one at a time, each
atomically.  That'd be slow, though.

  But yeah, having a "force update" command that can break your ObjectD's
tracking could definitely suck :-(

  Also, it could be hard to figure out what X should be - remember it'll depend
on things like available memory, at least if you do it well.