[DGD] DGD Segmentation Fault

Neil McBride sarak at castinian.org
Sat Jul 16 09:14:01 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Whilst playing around with the kernel lib and trying to build my own
object manager, I inadvertantly put a call_other within its forbid_call
function.  Upon startup, after having my initd call set_object_manager in
the driver, I then have it call setup() in the object manager - which then
triggers the crash ;)

Obviously my code is doomed to fail whilst going in circles, but I would
have thought the driver might have caught the error and given some sort of
message.  Is the seg fault intended or have I stumbled across a bug
through my *cough* fault tolerance testing *cough* ??

Cheers,

Neil.