[DGD] Why export data structures?

Petter Nyström md1pette at mdstud.chalmers.se
Thu Jun 23 00:24:01 CEST 2005

Hello!

This is really just a question out of curiousity. I was thinking of coding
something that relied on several objects having access to the same data
structure - in this case a mapping. But then I learned that such data
structures are made into individual copies in all objects referencing it
at the end of the execution thread. So as I understand it, the objects
would no longer be referencing the same data in later threads.

Now, I have no reason to be upset why it works like this. I am merely
being curious as to the reasons. Why does DGD do this? If someone's got
the time to satiate my curiousity, I'd be happy!

Regards,

Jimorie