[DGD] LPC parsing in DGD

Shaun deRost Vantuil shaun at derost.com
Tue May 31 20:00:01 CEST 2005

I appologize if this has been answered before; I skimmed through the
archives earlier and didnt see it.

Does DGD compile LPC for use later on, or does it parse the code every time
the LPC is run? I hope Im making sense here.

My goal is to implement r-tree lookup for a spatial wilderness system for my
outdoor areas. I wanted to know if doing it in LPC would be dramatically
slower than as say an efun/kfun. I figure if DGD uses a compiled copy of the
LPC, then speed issues would be negligable.

Has anyone implemented this already in DGD?

Shaun 'deRost' Vantuil
Feudal Kingdoms

p.s. If this double posts, Im sorry. I had to edit my hostname aliases in my
webmail app as it was defaulting to shaun at www.derost.com instead of
shaun at derost.com