[DGD] Labeled inheritance riddle

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Wed Nov 30 03:55:01 CET 2005

Maciek <ind at o2.pl> wrote:

> am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?
> (/src/Changelog says "Functions and variables need not be unique between
> labeled inherited objects.")

"Labeled inheritance" as something distinct from ordinary inheritance
was later removed (dgd/src/Changelog is long, and there are many changes).
Functions and variables in inherited objects must be unique, unless they
are private or the object they are in is privately inherited.

There is one exception, however: two (or more) inherited objects may
define the same function, as long as the inheriting object redefines
that function.