[DGD] Help with parse_string() grammar

Petter Nyström md1pette at mdstud.chalmers.se
Mon Apr 10 00:20:01 CEST 2006

Okay... Here is obviously something I don't understand. I follow the
documentation when it says that a token rule can have several definitions
and then they're matched in a top-to-bottom order. But I don't understand
why the order of *different* token rules have an impact on things. I
thought they were just mathced against when a production ruled referenced
to it? And then it'd be matching against that specific token rule and not
all of them? I'm a little confused now... =)

But no matter, the suggested changes still won't let me parse any string
containing & or $ characters.

Thanks for the reply though. Maybe I'll understand it eventually.

Regards,

Jimorie