[DGD] object finding

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 19:08:02 CEST 2006

Is it possible to translate directly from an object index into an
object without knowing the path?

I ask because I forsee a future crash wiping out my LPC object
database and I'd like a way to reconstruct it.

Basically, I'd like to, using as little other information as possible,
derive the existence or non-existence of a specific object.

About the only solution I can think of is the Klib's ObjRegD (which
I'm trusting not to crash), but that has to be searched.

I'm thinking that since the object table is a flat list of objects
indexed by, er, index number, it might be possible to do this directly
from LPC level code.