[DGD] Re: Substituting LWOs for persistent objects

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 21:14:00 CET 2006

my two copper pieces:

I agree with dworkin, but for another reason.  LWOs that are indexed
by an object handle, may themselves need an index for their LWOs...to
handle cases of a few apples and gold pieces inside a satchel being
carried in a backpack worn by the ranger...lol.

Using LWOs for items sounds interesting though...I'll have to consider
it.  Idea never crossed my mind before...

a silver piece (hopefully):

I would be wary of globally unique integers...keeping them unique
could cause concurrency problems when MP comes along.