[DGD] Re: Substituting LWOs for persistent objects

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 20:40:59 CET 2006

I'm just guessing here though, but I think that IDENTICAL strings that
are inside the same PO are shared with a refcount...sorta like many
OS's these days do copy-on-write.  I'm certain it's that way within a
single LWO, I'm just not that sure about different LWOs in the same
PO.

Using the Klib, an object's owner is forever fixed once it is created.
 I find no place except for AUTO::create where the owner variable is
modified.  Plus this is expressly stated elsewhere.