[DGD] Commercial question

Petter Nyström md1pette at mdstud.chalmers.se
Wed Mar 29 20:11:01 CEST 2006

Hehe what a jungle... Note to self: do not become a lawyer. I like the
fact that this topic was brought up though, it has already cleared up a
few things to me.

To continue digging into the meaning of the no promotion part: Would this
stop me from making a MUD based on an existing theme? If, for instance,
Whitewolf allowed me to use their World of Darkness setting for a MUD,
could I use DGD to run this MUD without a commercial license? I would not
be the one getting any income or promotion, but you could clearly argue
that the MUD is promoting a commercial venture. (Granted I do a half-good
job out of it.) It sounds a bit harsh to me that DGD cannot be used to
create a MUD based on a commercial theme, but I don't know...

Regards,

Jimorie