[DGD] Commercial question

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Thu Mar 30 23:19:01 CEST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Noah Gibbs wrote:
>   Actually, I think 'income' in the US doesn't require a profit motive.

The question of whether "income" requires a profit motive is a
relevant one only for corporate or partnership income. If the
DGD license is thinking in terms of personal income, and from
what Dworkin says I gather it is thinking in terms of personal
income, then profit isn't a relevant concept.

> So basically, Dworkin has said, "you can't make money off this, whether it's
> profit or not".  If you have a stranger walk up to you on the street and give
> you $50 for undisclosed reasons, that's kosher

As long as the money hasn't been consecrated for idol worship  :)

Steve