[DGD] Commercial question

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 02:19:01 CEST 2006

  If by "bite behind the bark" you mean lawsuits, understand that you're
starting by suing people too cheap to pay you a relatively low license fee.  So
to the extent that it does you any good at all, it's mostly PR, and mostly
*bad* PR.

  Intimidating people for PR is all well and good, but are you sure that good
programmers want to do it for a living?  There's Microsoft, but they *hire*
people for that.

  I don't actually know if Bitkeeper prosecuted anybody or not.  Suing
customers is generally bad for business, so I'm guessing "not".  One of my
coworkers used to work for them, and says he thinks they sent threatening
letters many times but never actually sued anybody.