[DGD] Object finding (this is weird)

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Wed May 17 22:16:01 CEST 2006

Ok, now I run into something just plain weird.

While building my object database at initd time, I first sweep the
filesystem with the get_dir to find out all the blueprints and libs,
then I sweep through objregd to get the clones.  I don't delete any
source files, or destruct or recompile any objects.

I put the two lists together and eliminate the duplicate names and I
get a very weird result...

The number of objects my objectd found at boot is an exact match for
the status() kfun, and the index numbers (both at the end of the
object name for clones, and the status O_INDEX for nonclones) are all
unique and contiguous...

...but according to the Klib's resource manager I missed 3 objects.
Klib's object count is also 3 higher than what the status kfun is
telling me exist.

Why is the Klib 3 over both my own count and DGD's count?