[DGD] Coordinate systems, absolutes v relative v octree v nada

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 05:27:17 CEST 2006

  Presumably you're going to wind up just having players say "what's my
location?" and give that information.  So it would be enough to just have each
room have that information, because each player will be standing in the same
place when they type "location".

  That doesn't guarantee conformance, but that's far and away the hardest part
of what you write below - to guarantee conformance, you'll need your builders
to supply a lot more than just "give me a room, north of this other room",
which is all you get in most MUDs.  So you're going to need your builders to
enter a lot of extra information anyway...