[DGD] grammar voodoo questions

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 21:40:45 CEST 2006

  DGD recompiles grammars quite quickly.  But it does have some funny
attributes in terms of new nouns and adjectives being recognized as soon as one
object that uses them exists anywhere.

  I think you'll hit problems with maximum string size before you hit real
problems with speed, though.  New words are mostly only added as new items are
created that use new nouns and adjectives - common during development, when you
don't care about a minor speed hiccup once an hour, but very rare for a
finished, deployed server.