[DGD] curious about DGD version

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Sat Sep 23 16:11:30 CEST 2006

Felix A. Croes wrote:
> DGD is commercial software.  There is no separate "commercial" version.
> There is, however, a somewhat altered version used and maintained by
> Skotos.  And of course various other people have their own patches,
> which may or may not be freely available.

As I recall, when we began writing LPC at Skotos, the official distribution of
DGD had a less powerful interface to the network. I think back then there was
only one binary and one telnet port, and no outgoing capabilities at all. So
we added them (along with a few other modifications).

These days, there is no reason not to use vanilla (please don't make any
chocolate jokes) DGD.

Zell