[DGD] Port binding - config file question

Neil McBride sarak at castinian.org
Fri Apr 27 03:52:11 CEST 2007

> I just loaded up the ipv6 module and tried again.  Once I recompiled
> DGD to include ipv6 support, it worked fine.  Is this a bug that needs
> fixing or working as intended?

Just some more testing results on this that might be useful.

Having binary_port set to ([ "localhost":2000, "*":2000 ]) works with
ipv6 support compiled into DGD but fails without it compiled in
regardless of whether or not the kernel supports ipv6.  HOWEVER, when
I say works, I mean it simply starts up successfully.  Connecting to
'localhost' and typing 'admin' as the first line does NOT direct the
connection to the kernel's user object as it usually does.  It looks
like the driver considers the connections to localhost as part of the
second entry.  If I change the second entry to a specific IP address,
the redirection occurs as expected.

Having binary_port set to ([ "ip6-localhost":2000, "*":2000 ]) fails
with the same error message I reported earlier regarding the address
being in use already.

Does anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Thanks,

Neil.