[DGD] kernel question

chris . psych_mayo at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 05:52:24 CET 2007

since we misunderstood one another ill rephrase:
the kernel lib is giving the new connection to the old user object.
In my situation, this old user object happens to be player.c, which
is not the login.c that telnetd returns for select.  So now i have an
ugly bug.
I was thinking i could do call_trace() in player->login().  Wouldnt
the call_trace reveal whether i had accessed player->login() by
logging in or else by reconnecting to a linkdead user?

I could probably just code a check in player->login() knowing this
nuance of the kernel library.  I had actually thought i coded something
dreadful for awhile, but couldnt figure out where i had gone wrong.
This conversation has helped give me some clarity anyway.