[DGD] vanilla dgd ansi

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 16:17:58 CET 2007

  Yes, Phantamal does this.  The code is all public domain, use it as you like.
 It only does incoming connections, of course.  It wouldn't be too tough to
make it do outgoing connections, but you'd need the network patch for that.

  Phantasmal tries hard to keep its default handling of the telnet protocol
compatible with vanilla DGD, but it allows expanding with new operations (for
instance, changes in terminal size) in a clean, straightforward way.  This
would be a problem if you had opcodes that changed the behavior of the default
opcodes (like, say, compression or change of protocols to one that wasn't
telnet-compatible), but currently Phantasmal doesn't have anything like that.