[DGD] 1.2.133

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Wed Dec 19 18:00:10 CET 2007

Works well for me, but turned up something funny.

As it turns out, there was a condition in which my kernel did a dump_state()
without doing a swapout() first. That results in a corrupt dumpfile and is
something I'm sure you metion somewhere (I recall reading about it). Makes you
wonder why this wasn't a problem earlier on, well, I triggered the condition
while trying the quick reboot feature, and forced a statedump, something which
is normally not done manually.

It made me wonder however why dump_state() doesn't do this itself if its
basicly mandatory. I could quite see why it shouldn't if there were legitimate
uses of dump_state() without a swapout(), but I can't come up with one :)

So, am I again missing something here?

Bart.

On another note, I have a small fix to the network patches, and have a kernel
lib booting on it that allows logins and allows System owned objects to use
connect(). I made it just to see if the patches work with something other then
my own kernel, if someone is interested in this, contact me.

Bart.

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 23:48:21 +0100, Felix A. Croes wrote

Created with Open WebMail at http://www.bartsplace.net/
Read my weblog at http://soapbox.bartsplace.net/