[DGD] dump/restore

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Tue Dec 25 08:55:46 CET 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:58:17 -0800, Shentino wrote
> Statedumps are a "do at end of round" type of thing anyway, so it
> probably shouldn't really matter.

It shouldn't indeed and in vanilla DGD it doesn't for all I can tell :)

> AFAIK, any interaction between statedumps and object
> construction/destruction would be a bug.

Absolutely, and one I am still trying to hunt down, but after a small change
in my lib relating to how it handles close() it has not occured anymore,
another trail to follow. For now tho I'll be busy with some planned changes
and a reboot of the 'universe' on my mud. The current universe has lasted for
over a year by then, thanks to dump/restore doing a very good job.

Bart.
--
Created with Open WebMail at http://www.bartsplace.net/
Read my weblog at http://soapbox.bartsplace.net/