[DGD] Changing connect() (network package)

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Fri Dec 28 23:33:55 CET 2007

Shentino <shentino at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> One thing I would like to ask though...
>
> If you have a lot of connections comin gin and out, how is this
> redirect going to take advantage of DGD/MP's parallellization?

As Noah suggested, you can turn outgoing connections into incoming
ones: send the request itself to an external daemon, and have it
connect back to you on a special port for an established outbound
connection.  The external daemon would have to forward traffic for
outbound connections in both directions, but could spawn a new
thread for each one.

On the DGD/MP side, you'd see a login using the simulated IP number,
after which you have a normal connection.  The external daemon
could follow up with an ipnumber/ipname pair on the request port
later, so you can even get query_ip_name() right.

There would of course be some overhead for sending the request and
establishing the connection, but nothing that hampers parallel LPC
execution.