[DGD] More on asynchronous thread starts

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:31:41 CET 2007

I was under the impression that any "hooks" for dealing with MP
specific issues (such as cancellation, rescheduling, committment, and
whatnot), could simply be stubbed out in SP as no-ops.

By custom event I don't mean event in the DGD style...rather,
"something happening that DGD doesn't yet know about".  Which would,
like native I/O, originate from OUTSIDE the driver.  DGD/MP has to
have SOME way to inject ER's from callouts and user I/O.  Ergo, my
impression that it could also in some way be extended to deal with
occurences of my own choosing.

Finding out there's actual DGD/MP lingo called "events" further confuses me. B-/