[DGD] Leprechaun Mud Library

Mikael Lind mikkelin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 01:46:31 CET 2007

Hello,

I have created a new SourceForge.net project for my mud library effort:

http://leprechaun.sourceforge.net/

In the end, I gave up on hiding away distinct LWOs in order to
prohibit copying. Though the copy prohibition was successfully
implemented, it did not turn out as elegant as I had hoped. Also,
object types could not work for distinct LWOs because they were
accessed via proxy objects. Abandoning this trail of thought, I
instead opted for copy detection. Copies of distinct LWOs are now
silently and automatically turned back into regular LWOs. The
recommended way of referencing distinct LWOs across execution rounds
is via object number.

The project also implements some other ideas recently discussed on
this list. It is in pre-alpha status and I have not done any proper
file releases yet. You can check out the source code from the
Subversion repository if you are interested, details are on the web
page announced above. The head revision of trunk is the latest
incarnation. If anyone is interested in the copy prohibition and proxy
scheme, it was tagged as version  0.0.0:

https://leprechaun.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/leprechaun/tags/0.0.0

Regards,
Mikael