[DGD] The clueness n00b wants ANSI

Kurt Nordstrom kurt at blar.net
Mon Jul 2 07:28:23 CEST 2007

Okay, so chugging right along.  I'm still using Melville as my base, and
I've actually had good success with my Python script that converts from a
TinyMux db to my modified Melville room files.

Next thing I want to tackle is ANSI.  So here's what I've done.

First I edited comm.c, to change the value being AND'd with the characters
to 255 instead of 127, so the relevant line looks like this:

} else if ((*p & 0xff) < ' ' && *p != HT && *p != BEL && *p != BS) {

Did a make clean and then a make install of the driver.  Rebooted my mud.

Then I edited one of the sample objects, the can of spam.  I want to
basically make the word "nasty" appear bold.  So it looks like this:

set_long ("A very \033[1mnasty\033[m and repulsive object.\nYou think you
may barf.\n");

But if I look at it in game, I get this:

A very [1mnasty[m and repulsive object.

Anybody have thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?