[DGD] installation troubles

josue cuevas tuttifruitydude at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 05:59:56 CEST 2007

Bare with me cuz I'm quite a novice.
I'm attempting to install DGD on a WindowsXP under Cygwin.  I had done it
before on another computer and it went smoothly, and although I think the
problem might be with the Cygwin tool packages or something I'm hoping you
can help me, when I get to try and 'make install' I get this error:

make install
gcc -I. -Icomp -Ilex -Ied -Iparser -Ikfun -DLINUX   -02   -c -o alloc.o
alloc.c
make: gcc: Command not found
make *** [alloc.o] Error 127

guess I didn't have the gcc tool installed or something so I tried mingw32
make and still I get this:
 gcc -I. -Icomp -Ilex -Ied -Iparser -Ikfun -DLINUX  -02  -c -o alloc.o
alloc.c
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), gcc -I... blah blah
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
c:\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe: *** [alloc.o] Error 2.

What am I doing wrong?