[DGD] Sending telnet KEEPALIVE packets

Petter Nyström jimorie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 23:39:26 CEST 2007

As a workaround, perhaps you could use the one telnet command DGD can
send: the ECHO request. By using send_message(0) and send_message(1)
you'll send WONT ECHO and DO ECHO, respectively. If you keep track of
the user's supposed ECHO state you could resend the proper requests
just to keep the connection alive, perhaps?

Maybe this hack is a big no-no, I wouldn't know. Just an idea for you.

I believe I am using some ANSI escape that also basically should have
no effect on the client, but since DGD doesn't support ANSI out of the
box, that's one step further to take and probably not any better than
spamming ECHO requests.

Regards,

Jimorie