[DGD] Question on running Phantasmal

Kurt Nordstrom kurt at blar.net
Fri Jun 22 18:07:05 CEST 2007

Ok, so the clueness n00b is riding again...

So first I tried Melville, then had some crazy idea about writing my own
Mud driver...thought about Javascript (don't laugh), and Python, and then
Pike...and then came back to DGD (whew), gnawed on the idea of a mudlib
from scratch, then played with the Kernel lib for a bit...and now I'm
looking at Phantasmal.

Okay, so apparently the latest tested version of DGD for Phantasmal 0.18
is 1.2.110.  I didn't see this in the experimental folder on the ftp site,
so I grabbed 1.2.127.  I compiled DGD, unpacked Phantasmal, followed the
stuff in the INSTALL directory, but when try to run the mud, I get this
message:

socket IPv6: Address family not supported by protocol

Is this a conflict with the driver version?  If so, how do I get ahold of
1.2.110?  Do I need to manual patch it up from something else?  Or, is
this likely a misconfiguration of something in phantasmal?

Any help's appreciated.  Thanks y'all.