[DGD] Upgrading clones with changed internal representation

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 14:25:13 CEST 2007

Thanks for the responses to my previous query on the
mailing list. Unfortunately I do have another query. I
believe from my reading that DGD automatically
upgrades clones of an old inheritable to a new
inheritable if it is superceded. But how is this
possible if the internal representation changes
substantially or does dgd make some assumptions when
mapping old variables in the old object state to the
new object?

Assuming for the moment DGD itself does not provide a
mechanism for coping with drastic change to the
internal representation I suspect that it's possible
to implement on the library level. Does Phantasmal do
this? Or is it like reflection perhaps something I
would need to implement if I wanted it.

Thanks in advance,

Silenus.