[DGD] Autoblocking crackers

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 19:13:36 CET 2007

  A good DoS attack will cheerfully ignore this since you can't stop the
incoming TCP/IP connection request.

  You also need to worry about this being used for DoSes in its own right --
connection pools from a given ISP can be poisoned by somebody blocking the
address, reconnecting, blocking, reconnecting...  With a big pool like AOL, he
may be able to have your MUD block a significant number of them.