[DGD] Big brother

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 02:37:37 CEST 2007

Anyone have a take on snooping everything that a player sends and
receives over his connection?

Currently I've got a system to do this so that I have hard evidence,
properly time stamped, of any player misconduct.

My concerns are both ethical and technical, namely, how do I keep from
capturing confidential information without losing access to
information?

What I'm thinking so far is to mark the ustates as classified by
having them inherit a certain stub library, whose presence via <-
operator will tell the snoop logic to avoid recording the actual
information...or perhaps redirect it elsewhere.

Anyone see any problems, ethical, techincal, or otherwise?

I admit it woudl be nice to have logs like this, but I want to avoid
both giving indescrete staffers over access and locking out too many
ranks that the admins will be burdened.