[DGD] tls

chris . psych_mayo at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 19:24:33 CEST 2007

I understand the syntax of using tls vars, but need some clarification as to their
 application.
These are my assumptions:
Using tls lets you make variables available to a set of objects, so long as those
variables exist in a single thread.
Changes made to the tlvar in seperate objects along the same thread do not
make changes in those object, and thus data can be manipulated across multiple
objects in an mp-optimized manner.

My second conclusion i am less sure about.  And if i am wrong, than i am
confused as to how they are used in mp-optimization.
Thanks,
-chris