[DGD] LWO's and levels of embedding

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 18:54:33 CEST 2007

Just a few followup questions-

How does one go about detecting if something is an LWO or not?

I am also curious how LWO's affect library design. I am assuming since
you can decompose objects with alot finer granularity if you program in
a truly O-O style you could break everything in persistent objects
into chunks whereas traditionally they would be more monolithic. For
example if you were running a 3D mud would it make sense to have LWO's
for vectors and tensors(matrices) or is there a performance penalty
associated with coding this way or is a call like new_object() close to as cheap as doing an equivalent array allocation?

Thanks again,

Carter Cheng