[DGD] error reporting with parse_string()

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 08:08:25 CEST 2007

Thanks everyone  for the help so far. I am not sure if this has been brought up before but to what extent is it reasonable to parse large files with parse_string()? I have been reading through some of the documentation and tutorials and noticed that most of the simple cases described don't cover error reporting. I have been wondering if it's possible to write an LPCish->LPC compiler with it or is this ill-advised? Does anyone have some examples of how to generate error reports for files that may be missing (have additional) tokens in the parse stream. Hopefully I am not overloading the mailing list with too many queries in a short duration.

Thanks in advance,

Carter Cheng.