[DGD] Firm release turns into vapor ware

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 00:35:09 CEST 2007

I was about to announce a new release of Kotaka, but my flash drive
just decided to croak and it locked up hard.  This, only 15 minutes
after I tried to format it.

I heard that the firmware is finicky about some of the frontwards
sectors on the d

Has anyone besides me had such trouble with a flash drive before?

I should add that this drive was barely even 12 hours off the store
shelf...it was, quite literally, brand new.

Also noticed data corruption...tested it with an mp3 file which wound
up failing an md5sum check.