[DGD] DGD and *dbm

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Mon Jul 21 21:11:32 CEST 2008

bart at wotf.org wrote:

> Seeing how I keep (to me useful) logs around that are many megabytes large,
> keeping those in an object would for what I understand impact swapping
> performance for that object. Am I mistaken? or is this simply far less of a
> concern with DGD/MP?
>
> Trying to think of a workable data model for this makes me come up with a
> number of variations, all of which end up in some nested array or an array of
> mappings if it has to scale to an imho reasonable size.
>
> What is your suggestion for this?

Nested arrays would still all be in the same object.  It would be best
to store data in several objects, each filled up to a maximum log size.
That way, only the most recent object will be modified by new log
entries, while the others remain swapped out until someone accesses
them all (which presumably happens less often).