[DGD] DGD and *dbm

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Mon Jul 21 23:25:05 CEST 2008

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:53:48 -0700, Shentino wrote
> My other concern with such an "in-mud" logging facility is the sheer
> bulk of the data that can be accumulated if it isn't dumped.

That can become a concern as well indeed.

> IMHO, it would be better to find a way to dump it to disk.  Until the
> data is dumped, the driver would have to drag it around in memory.

And that brings me back to the original subject of this thread, and makes me
curious about DGD/MP with a dbm that supports nested atomic transactions. It
would provide a way to deal with rollback and somewhat efficient disk storage
for data that you don't want to keep inside the mud. Hmmmmm.. when can I get
my hands dirty with that, Felix? :)

Bart
--
Created with Open WebMail at http://www.bartsplace.net/