[DGD] DGD and *dbm

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Tue Jul 22 00:08:20 CEST 2008

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 23:40:46 +0200, Felix A. Croes wrote
> bart at wotf.org wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > And that brings me back to the original subject of this thread, and makes me
> > curious about DGD/MP with a dbm that supports nested atomic transactions. It
> > would provide a way to deal with rollback and somewhat efficient disk storage
> > for data that you don't want to keep inside the mud. Hmmmmm.. when can I get
> > my hands dirty with that, Felix? :)
>
> See my previous message.  And rather than giving an E.T.A., let me
> say that I still have to refine the architecture of DGD/MP in ways
> that make such hacks as the above less and less feasible before I
> am ready to release the code.

CRY!

Ah well, guess I have to live with it, for now sp is where my playground is
anyway, and enough to do there.

Wrt your previous message, it has to involve changing DGD's commit/rollback to
deal with database objects indeed. Obviously, I have no idea how difficult
that is going to be for DGD/MP, but you don't make it sound good.. but then..
thats usualy the case with what I want to do (and it seldom stops me) :)

Bart.
--
Created with Open WebMail at http://www.bartsplace.net/
Read my weblog at http://soapbox.bartsplace.net/